Tulliportinkatu school is located on the University of Eastern Finland campus in the address Tulliportinkatu 1, 80130 Joensuu. The entrances to the gymnasium are located on the school courtyard. There are two entrances. Changing rooms for men and women are located on different hallways, the hallways are accessible via different entrances.
Tulliportinkatu school and Länsikatu school have the same address, which can sometimes be misleading. Länsikatu School is located on the corner of Tulliportinkatu and Länsikatu, and Tulliportinkatu school is further away on Tulliportinkatu. Arriving from Tulliportinkatu, turn to the school yard at the pet shop.
The Tulliportinkatu school gymnasium has a parquet floor and the gymnasium can be divided in three with screens. The gymnasium is suitable for both ball sports (e.g. floorball, basketball, badminton, futsal) and group exercise. Fixed mirrors can be found in one end of the gymnasium, with a climbing wall in the other end. The gymnasium also has wall bars and a PA system. SYKETTÄ users are free to use the goals and nets stored in the gymnasium. SYKETTÄ users may not use the school’s other equipment.
– Only indoor sports slippers or shoes may be worn in the gymnasium. Do not wear outdoor shoes or shoes that leave marks on the floor in the gymnasium.
– Playing in the changing rooms, storage rooms and hallways is forbidden
– Be careful not to damage the floor when setting up nets. Use the hooks to lift up the column groove covers.
– Return all equipment to their proper places, unless you are certain that the next group will need them
– The last user to leave in the evening must turn off the lights. The light switches are located in a closet on the gymnasium wall.
– If you are not certain whether other users are coming after you, turn off the lights
The entrance is electronically timed to stay unlocked for evening users. During weekends (Friday to Sunday) the entrance is open only when the gymnasium has been reserved via the sports calendar. If no-one has enrolled on a free turn by Friday noon, the entrances of the school will be automatically locked. Remember to enroll on weekend turns in time!
NB! Turns for the weekend (Fri-Sun) must be reserved no later than 12noon on Friday of the week in which the turn is held.