Wednesday 5.10.2022 at 12:00 – 16:00
University of Eastern Finland’s and Savonia University of Applied Sciences’ students and staff members are enjoying their sports afternoon on 5.10. at 12-16. Every event in sports afternoon is open for all students and staff members of Savonia and UEF and Uniarts as well as the students of HUMAK Kuopio campuses. You don’t need a SYKETTÄ sticker to participate in these events! You have to register as a user if haven’t done it before. You can find the registration form here. More information in the section “enrolling”.
Welcome to join in and feel good!
The autumn season Sports Afternoon is perfect time for your work or study group to enjoy sports together! In the program there are tips for great group activities, some of which require enrolling beforehand and some of which don’t. Please read the instructions carefully.
The enrolling opens at 21.9., exactly 14 days before the event begins.
- The sport events are updated to our sports calendar at latest 21.9. at 12am and then you can begin enrolling
- You have to enroll for Sports Afternoon events via SYKETTÄ web page’s Sports calendar (choose events that are held on 5.10.).
- You have to register in SYKETTÄ web-page and fill in the registration form, if you haven’t done it before.
- If you have already registered, then you can just sign in with your e-mail and password and enroll for classes.
- You don’t have to pay the SYKETTÄ sports fee.
- If you don’t have any valid sticker at the moment, please visit the webshop at https://sykettä.fi/kuopio/fi/kauppa/ and buy (don’t worry, it’s free!) a sticker named “Ilmainen liikuntailtapäivä 5.10.2022 / Free Sports afternoon 5.10.2022”.
- The sports afternoon program also includes all the classes on the SYKETTÄ sports calendar that day!
If you forget to cancel the event or you do it too late it costs you 10 €.
- Remember to cancel the class on time if you can’t participate!
- You can cancel the class at the latest on Tuesday 4.10., exactly 24 hours before the event begins.
- Note that the cancellation period varies from event to event: There are some classes (arranged by external partners) that requires you to enroll before certain date. This is told in the description of the class, so read the information carefully!
- You can cancel the class via SYKETTÄ Sports calendar the same way you have enrolled for the event, or from the “own enrollments” link in top of the web page.
- When you enroll, you agree to our practice with the cancellation.
What if I get sick?
– If you let us know before the event starts, it’s okay!
– If you let us know only afterwards or when the event has already started, please deliver us a sick leave certificate or pay the cancellation fine 10 €.
Here’s SYKETTÄ contact information
The insurance from the OLL
The insurance of The Finnish Student Sports Federation OLL is valid during the sports afternoon activities, but it covers only the members of Student union SAVOTTA and the Student union HUMAKO. The Student union of the University of Eastern Finland ISYY, the students of TaiYo and staff members are not covered in OLL insurance or by the organizer.
The whole program shortly (more information and links for the enrolling later on this page)
- Get to know Golf, Tarinaharju (20€)
- Golf tournament at Kontioniemi (20€)
- Get to know Ski jump at Puijo
- Horse back riding (22€)
- Minigolf at Rauhalahti Bowling (5€)
- Nature trip to Seinävuoren Rotkolaakso
Indoor sports and wellness in campuses:
- At Snellmania: open doors to the gym 12-16
- At Studentia: Tabata30, Zumba45, Muscle Tone exercise45, GentlyYoga45
- At Studentia: Volleyball and basketball
- At Studentia: Get to know Taekwon-Do
- At Studentia gym: Open doors to the gym 7-22 o’clock
- At Studentia, ISYY campus office Lukema: Nutrition lecture – Only in finnish!
- Savonia Wellness Center, Savonia Microkatu campus: InBody body composition analysis (5 €)
Badminton tournament at Rauhalahti, Kuopio Tennis center
Indoor sports and get-to-know classes at the facilities of our partners:
- Bowling at Keilakukko
- Climbing center Voema: try bouldering and climbing with automatic belay (5 €/10 €)
- Historical dance, get to know
- Kunnonsali: Bench press workshop
- Kuopion Miekkailijat: Get-to-know sport fencing (5 €/person)
- Mysteeri Kuopio Escape Room -20%
- Padel in Billebeino Padel (18€/field)
- Pole Center: Aerial yin yoga and Pole Choreography
- Puijo Peak activities
- SalsaStudio: Twerk for beginners
- Studio Tempo: Tempo Palo50, Les Mills Sh’bam45
- Virtual reality games in Warppi
1) Outdoor activities
Get to know Golf – Tarinagolf, Tarinagolfintie 19, Siilinjärvi
Come and get to know Golf at beutiful scene at Tarina!
- 13.00-15.00 o’clock, min 5 participants, max 20 persons
- Price 20€/person
- Enroll and payment at latest 28.9.2022!
- No need to bring own equipments, just dress for the weather
- More info will be sent to participants after enrollment ends
Please make the enroll first and pay after that with these instructions:
Recipient: Savonia-ammattikorkeakoulun opiskelijakunta
Number of account: FI31 5600 0520 1033 78 (BIC-code: OKOYFIHH)
Reference number: 9014
The amount: 20 euros
Due date: 28.9.2022
Golf tournament (Joensuu and Kuopio) at Kontioniemi (organized by Karelia Golf)
Welcome to Sports Afternoon Golf tournament at Kontioniemi!
Time: Starts at 10 am, duration approximately 5h
Place: Kontioniemi Golf Course (Vaskiportintie 7, 80780 Kontioniemi)
More information in the Forms and Kareliagolf.fi
Enrolling via Google Forms (open 21.9. at 10 am – 30.9. at 12 noon)
Get to know Ski Jump
Get to know Ski jumping at Puijo (Suurmäentie 86, 70200 Kuopio)
You have an opportunity to do ski jump instructed.
ISYY club Puijon Mäki organized two ski jumping groups.
Meeting point at Puijo -> at the bottom of the hill where is the Ski lift departure point.
You can ski jump from the little hill (K4) with ski jump equipment.
13:00-13:45, max 6 participants
13:45-14:30, max 6 participants
Horse riding – Savisaari Riding Center
- 13-14.00 Riding for those who have previous experience (7 persons). You have to know how to saddle a horse. Saddling 15 min + 45 min riding.
- 14.00-15.00 Riding for those who have earlier experience (7 persons) 45 min riding + taking off the saddle 15 min.
- Price 22€/participant, max 7 participants/group
If you have done riding before and know how to saddle a horse, this one is for you! Enroll via the sports calendar. Payment must be done at latest on Wednesday 28.9. to the following bank account number:
FI 55 1078 3000 220219 (Savisaaren ratsastuskoulu).
Please note that 28.9. is also last day to cancel your participation.
Minigolf at Rauhalahti Bowling
- Minigolf at outdoor
- One round is 171 metres!
- No need to reservation.
- Price: 5€/participants
- More information here.
Orienteering in Puijo, Puijonsarvi
Come and try orienteering in Puijonsarvi! If you want you can have short theory of orienteering before the start and after that you can try it yourself. You can come by yourself or take your friend with you.
Handing out the maps and instructing at 14.00-14.30, returning at latest 16.30
Two route options: shorter about 2,5 km and longer about 4 km.
Starting/meeting point: Puijonsarven koulu
Enroll via this link.
Max. 25 participants, but if you and your friend can use the same map, you can bring them along and they don’t need to enroll.
Outdoor training shoes are best for orienteering
Student Union of Eastern Finland Orienteering Club Puijon Suunta is organizing this event.
Trip to Rotkolaakso
Seinävuoren Rotkolaakso is at Tuusniemi. A bus transports participants to the Rotkolaakso.
The gorge is 500 meters long, 20-40 meters wide and at the highest 25 meters deep. There is wiewing platform, wooden lean-to, barbecue hut, ¨dock and latrine.
- The bus departure time is at 12.15. The bus is front of Snellmania building (parking area)
- Travel time at bus is about 40 min.
- From Rotkolaakso departure time is at 15.15
- You can hike independently and take packed lunch with you.
- Enrolling and cancellation must be done at latest 3rd of October at 11.59 pm.
3) Indoor Sports and wellbeing in campus
You can enroll to the classes by clicking the name of the activity. Enrolling begins 14 days before the event.
Nutrition lecture in Lukema
12-13 How to start vegetarian diet or add more veggies to it. Only in Finnish!
- Open doors to the gym 7.00-22.00
- 12.00-12.55 pm Volleyball on section 3, max 16 persons
- 12.20-12.50 pm Tabata30 on section 1-2, max 40 persons
- 13.00 -13.45 pm Zumba45 on section 1-2,max 40 persons
- 13.00-13.55 pm Get to know Taekwon-Do, section 3, max 16 persons
- 14.00-14.45 pm Muscle tone exercise45, on section 1-2, max 40 persons
- 14.00-14.55 pm Basketball on section 3, max 16 persons
- 15.00-15.45 pm GentleYoga45 (mainly in Finnish), max. 50 persons
Snellmania – Yliopistonranta 1, 2. krs
- 7.00-8.00 and 9.00-16.00 Open doors to the Snellmania gym and tatami
InBody measurements – Savonia Wellness Center, Microkatu campus, 4th floor, C wing
Now you have a chance to get inBody body composition analysis. Viretori has a brand new InBody – 770 device in its use that gives exact and reliable result every time! On Sports Afternoon you get extra discount for inBody analysis!
- Enrolling takes place in groups of five to avoid standing in a queue and to ensure safe distances
- Choose a time and enroll:
12.00, 12.30, 13.00, 13.30, 14.00, 14.30, 15.00, 15.30
- Place: Testilaboratorio C4003, Savonia-amk/Microkatu C wing, 4th floor
- Price 5€, only card payment
3) Badminton tournament, Kuopion Tenniskeskus, Katiskaniementie 1
- Two categories (men and woman)
- All games are singles
- Max. 20 participants/category
- Min 3 games/participant
- Max 5 games
- 10 fields
- Tournament is from 12 to 16
- Kuopion Tenniskeskus is charge of tournament arrangements
- Enroll before 29.9.
- The tournament is free
4) Indoor activities and get to know classes
- There are tracks at 12–16pm
- The cost of one track is 12 € / hour and the price includes shoes
- Booking: One of your group will do the booking for the whole group. When booking, make sure to mention “liikuntailtapäivä”. The booking is binding.
- Pay the fee on the spot
- Address: Keilakukko Oy, Puijonkatu 19, 70100 Kuopio
- Bookings: Tel. (017) 282 4003 or webpage www.keilakukkokuopio.fi (mention more information “liikuntailtapäivä”)
Climbing center Voema, Kaivotie 23: bouldering and climbing with automatic belay
In sports afternoon you have an extra low-priced possibility to try bouldering (climbing withour ropes) or climbing with automatic belay (rope system which makes sure you cannot fall) in Kuopio climbing center VOEMA! In VOEMA you get to climb really easily and safely. You don’t need to book a time in advance. You can just arrive and if you are new with bouldering or climbing, you’ll get a starting info, which is focused on the safety and technique.
- Bouldering 5 € /person (incl. climbing shoes)
- Bouldering and Climbing with automatic belay 10 € /person (incl. all the equipment)
- You can go between 12 and 21 o’clock
Pay for the entrance fee straight at the VOEMA Climbing center. There is no time-limit. This extra low-priced possibility is available at 12-21 o’clock.
CrossFit Kuopio – Itkonniemenkatu 29
Get to know CrossFit. CrossFit can be used to accomplish any goal, from improved health to better performance. The program works for everyone — people who have never worked out and those who have trained for years share equally in the benefits of CrossFit.
- Get to know GrossFit 15.00-16.00
- at CrossFit Kuopio, Itkonniemenkatu 29
- max 24 persons
- More information here (Only in Finnish).
Historical dance, Get to know class – Kauppakatu 44
Historical dance group of Kuopio gives you an opportunity to practice dances of renaissance- and baroque era between 15th and 18th century.
- Dances are held at Kulttuuriareena (Kauppakatu 44) in disco room
- from 15:00 to 17:00 max 15 persons
- We go through basic steps and beginner-friendly dances. You don’t need prior dance experience or any equipment to try out the dances.
More info: https://kuohitar.yhdistysavain.fi/
Kunnonsali – Ajurinkatu 16
Welcome to bench press workshop! Here you learn how to lift safely and can proceed to bigger weights.
Fencing – Kuopion miekkailijat, Kemilänrinne 1
Fencing experiment/ trial content:
– Short introduction about fencing as a martial art and the sport gear needed for it
– Warm up
– Fencing stance and moving
– Simple attacks and defences
– Playful trial matches
- Time: 13.00 -15.00, max. 20 persons
- Place: Kemilänrinne 1, Kuopio
- Price: 5,00€, only cash!
More information: via e-mail kurssit(at)kuopionmiekkailijat.net or tel. 045 678 1737 /Panu
Mysteeri Kuopio escape rooms
- Use the code “liikuntailtapäivä” to get -20% discount off of the personal price.
- Book a escape room from Mysteeri Kuopio webpage or by calling. You can also play the games in English when you mention it in your booking.
Padel – Billebeino Padel Kuopio Oy
- 6 fields booked at 12-15pm and 4 fields at 15-16
- enroll at 12-13
- enroll at 13-14
- enroll at 14-15
- enroll at 15-16
- Bookings via SYKETTÄ Sports Calendar bt 30.9. Booking is binding.
- There are bats and balls to use at the Padel hall but it is recommended to use your own bats and balls if you have ones.
- The price is 18€ /field (for example if there are 4 players the price for one person is 4,50€)
- Payment instruction: First book the whole track and pay afterwards.
- Recipient of the payment: Savonia-ammattikorkeakoulun opiskelijakunta
- Account number: FI31 5600 0520 1033 78
- Reference: 9014
- Due date: 30.9.2022
- Amount: 18 euros
Pole Center – Puusepänkatu 5 C 1
On Sports afternoon we will train Pole with Heels and Pole Choreography.
Aerial yin yoga is done with aerial sling. Sling-Yin consist of peaceful Yin Yoga asanas inside the sling and on the floor with the sling. We held each asana (posture) couple of minutes and we move slowly from posture to posture. The sling supports the body and the postures different way than the floor so you get new kind of experience compared to traditional Yin Yoga. No experience from aerial yoga or yin yoga is needed. Comfortable and warm clothing is recommended.
Pole Choreography class includes basic steps and spins with the pole which we combine to one choreography. You don’t need previous experience from the pole or dance, everyone can join. You can take shorts and pants to this class and little towel for wiping the pole.
Visit Puijo – Services of Puijo Peak Oy
Puijo Peak Oy – If you want to try Snow tube, riding on a wintry country with efatbike, visit ski jumping tower or try virtual ski jumping head for Puijo.
- Visit to ski jumping tower including a virtual ski jumping experience via 3D classes.
- Must be booked beforehand
- Group price: 150€ / group max. 20 persons. You can either pay right before the event or ask us for billing.
- Only virtual ski jumping costs 5 €/person. This event takes place on downstairs of Puijo Tower.
Warppi virtual reality – Ajurinkatu 16, viihdekeskus Minna
Experience the virtual reality!
In virtual reality you will experience the games in 3d around you. During your game turn, you can pick any game or experience from the Warppi library. You can try as many games as you want during your turn – there is everything from extreme experiences and action to music and strategy games. In one room there is 1-3 players, and you can rotate the glasses between players in any schedule you want.
Book a room! Only one person from your groups need to book a room. One room holds 1-3 players.
- Price: 25 €/room/hour. The price is divided between participants (1-3 persons per room). Payment is done at the Warppi when you arrive.
SalsaStudio, Vuorikatu 3
13.00-14.00 Twerk for beginners (max 20 persons)
Instructor Riikka Keurulainen
- klo 13.00-13.50 Tempo Palo50′ (16 parricipants)
- klo 15.05-15.50 LesMills SH’BAM 45’ (26 participants)
Tempo Palo50 is circuit training. This class makes you sweat and gives smile to your face. This is mixed strenght training and heart rate lifting.
LesMills SH’BAM 45 min
In this easy and fun class you can try the latest dance moves listening to the latest chart hits and classics. Unleash your inner star while raising your basic fitness – you don’t need to know how to dance! Each song has its own choreography, so you can try many different dance styles in one hour.