Savonia University of Applied Science’s Opistotie sports hall is located
in the campus’ sports wing (wing B). You need an electronic key to access these facilities – read more here!
In the wing there are:
– A large hall that may be divided into three smaller sections
– A gym with free weights
– A gym with gym equipment and dumbbells, so called “health gym”
OPENING HOURS – SPRING 2020
The Opistotie facilities are in use until 31.5.2020!
Monday – Friday, from 7 am to 9 pm
Saturday – Sunday from 9 am to 9 pm
You may use the sports facilities until 9pm and you have to leave the building until 9.30 pm. Outside these hours opening the door will cause an alarm and the one causing the alarm is obliged to pay the cost.
Exceptions in the opening hours
Opistotie sport hall is in the use of Savonia during the days. If there are no Savonia’s classes, the sections are available for sports use. You can see and book these free turns from the calendar at the front page. In the front page’s calendar there is also information, if there are Savonia’s reservations in the health gym.
Holidays affect the opening hours. Please see the front page’s calendar for the changes in the schedule.
During the free sports weeks the doors are open without the key Mon-Fri 8-17 and Sat 9-15.
In the evenings the group class instructors will let you in 5-10 minutes before the class starts.
There are saunas both in the men’s and women’s locker rooms and they are warm
Monday – Friday 14.15 – 20:15
The facilities are located at Opistotie 2.
Entrance for the Sports hall is from the inner yard, there is a separate front door. During the weekdays you can also use the campus main doors.
– In the sports hall there are place for goals, floorball rinks, long benches and the sport mattresses. For the volley ball net poles there is rack in the corner of section 1 and also hooks for the nets mounted on the wall.
– According to the safety regulations you can’t move any of the stuff from the sports hall to the corridor as a long-term storage. Everything has to be moved back to their place in the sports hall after you quit your games. The corridor is an emergency exit and the insurance doesn’t compensate if the corridor is blocked for example during fire.
– You van borrow equipment for your turns from the gyms. There is for example equipment for floorball, futsal, badminton, basketball etc.
–Please also return all the equipment you use to their right place in the gyms and in the hall!
– Please notice that at the moment basketball cannot be played in the section 1!
Opistotie gym – “iron gym”
In the iron gym there are free weights and gym equipment for your use.
During the weekdays the health gym is sometimes reserved for Savonia’s education. You can find the information about reservations from the sports calendar.
In the health gym there are TechnoGym equipment, barbells and other small equipment.
Division of fields, spring 2020
Regular set shifts and open turns 7.1.2020 ->
Instructed group classes 7.1.-29.4. ->
|TIME||SECTION 1||SECTION 2||SECTION 3|
|17.05||Pump||Pump||Volleybal – open|
|18.10||Shuffle||Shuffle||Volleybal – open|
|20.10||Firman sähly||Firman sähly||Firman sähly|
|15.00||Risusavotta – if there isn’t Savonia’s reservations in the hall!||Risusavotta|
|17.00||Overhaul and foamroller||SILENT section||Showjazz|
|19.10||Volleyball – open||Volleyball – open||Volleyball -open|
|20.10||Futsal- open||Futsal- open||Futsal- open|
|16.00||Basketball -open||Basketball -open||Basketball -open|
|17.05||Total body workout||Total body workout||Resto|
|18.05||Dynamic bodycare||SILENT section||B&J’s football team|
|20.10||KuoLOn säbä||KuoLOn säbä||KuoLOn säbä|
|16.00||Body Control||FREE||Volleyball -open|
|18.10||Dance acrobatics||SILENT section||Pilates|
|20.10||IK Svans||IK Svans||IK Svans|
|16.00||15.40-16.55 Ashtanga yoga||ashtanga yoga||ashtanga yoga|
|17.00||Futsal -open||Futsal -open||Futsal -open|
|10.00||10.00-11.30 Boxing for fitness||Boxing for fitness||FREE|
|9.00||9.00-11.55 Family turn||9.00-11.55 Family turn||9.00-11.55 Family turn|
|17.00||17.00 -18.55 Futsal – open||17.00 -18.55 Futsal – open||17.00 -18.55 Futsal – open|
|19.00||19.00-21.00 Floorball -open||19.00-21.00 Floorball -open||19.00-21.00 Floorball -open|