What is SYKETTÄ Appro?
SYKETTÄ Appro is a sports appro organized by the Student Union of University of Eastern Finland (ISYY), Student union of Karelia University of Applied Sciences (POKA) and Student union of Savonia University of Applied Sciences (SAVOTTA) for students in eastern Finland. SYKETTÄ Appro will be held on weeks 36-37 (Sept. 2th-15th) as a part of free sports week of the SYKETTÄ sport services.
The basic idea of SYKETTÄ Appro is that the participants pick up the appro passport and collect markings from the SYKETTÄ sport events they take part in. Each sport performance is worth of one marking. The participants who return their passport can take part in a lottery to win prizes and get an overall badge equivalent to their performance: for bronze 2-3 markings, for silver 4-6 markings, for gold 7-9 markings and for diamond +10 markings.
The SYKETTÄ Appro participants have all instructed SYKETTÄ sport events available for them, unless otherwise specified. Also ball sports sessions and regular turns are included in SYKETTÄ appro if there’s an instructor/ responsible person.
These are some extra classes at SYKETTÄ Appro. Enroll via SYKETTÄ sport calender events! Extra classes will be updated here before the appro starts.
There is a limited number of appro passports and overall badges in every campus so be quick!
Extra classes in Kuopio – the list will be updated before the appro!
Please read the class descriptions carefully, because the instructions for enrolling and cancelling participation vmay vary!
2.9. at 16.15 Element studio: Hot toning
3.9. 15-15.45 Studio Tempo: LesMills Sh’bam
8.9. at 16.00 Citygolf in Bellanranta
10.9. at 15.00 and 16.30 Stand up paddling in Kuopion Seikkailukeskus in the Kuopio harbour
10.9. 15-15.45 Studio Tempo: LesMills BodyStep
10.9. at 17.45 Afro house
11.9. at 17.00 Finnish baseball in Puijo baseball stadium
12.9. at 15.00 Element Studio: Hot pilates
1. Each participant must pick up the free appro passport at ISYY campus office, Yliopistonranta 3, Studentia building or in Savonia’s Café SAVOTTA at Microkatu or KUTOP at Opistotie campus and register as a user on SYKETTÄ webpage. Appro passports are given at the campus offices between Aug. 28th and Sept. 13th within the limits of office hours.
2. You must register to the sport event you wish to take part in beforehand on the webpage.
3. Be on time at the sport events! Take with you the needed sports gear. You can check out the sports gear needed in each event from the event information on SYKETTÄ calendar.
4. Remember to take the appro passport with you and show it to the instructor after the event. The instructor will give you the marking in your passport.
5. Each sport performance is worth of one mark. You can collect maximum of two marks from the same sport/class.
6. You can take part in as many sport events as you wish during the day. You can collect markings between Sept. 2rd and Sept. 15th.
7. Return your appro passport to the ISYY office, to Cafe SAVOTTA or KUTOP the week after the SYKETTÄ Appro (by Friday 20th at 13.00).
8. The participants who return their passport take part in lottery and get an overall badge equivalent to their performance:
2-3 marks = Bronze
4-6 marks = Silver
7-9 marks = Gold
10+ marks = Diamond
9. Lottery will be held by the end of September and the winners will be published at the beginning of the October (week 40).
Prize list at Kuopio Campus: