Sports afternoon on Wednesday 2.10. at 12:00 – 16:00
University of Eastern Finland’s and Savonia University of Applied Sciences’ students and staff members are enjoying their sports afternoon on 2.10. at 12-16. Every event in sports afternoon is open for all students and staff members of Savonia and UEF as well as the students of HUMAK and Uniart Kuopio campuses. You don’t need a SYKETTÄ sticker to participate in these events! You have to register as a user if haven’t done it before. You can find the registration form here. More information in the section “enrolling”.
Welcome to join in!
- The enrolling opens at 18.9, exactly 14 days before the event begins.
- The sport events are updated to our sports calendar at latest 18.9. at 12am and then you can begin enrolling
- You have to enroll for Sports Afternoon events via SYKETTÄ web page’s Sports calendar (choose events that are held on 2.10.).
- You have to register in SYKETTÄ web-page and fill in the registration form, if you haven’t done it before.
- If you have already registered, then you can just sign in with your e-mail and password and enroll for classes.
- If you don’t have any valid sticker at the moment, please visit the webshop at https://sykettä.fi/kuopio/fi/kauppa/ and buy (don’t worry, it’s free!) a sticker named “Ilmainen liikuntailtapäivä 2.10.2019 / Free Sports afternoon 2.10.2019”.
- You don’t have to pay the SYKETTÄ sport fee. Choose “Free Sports afternoon” sticker from the shop’s Sport Fee list. After that you can enroll for all the Sport Afternoon events.
If you forget to cancel the event or you do it too late it costs you 10 €.
- Remember to cancel the class on time if you can’t participate!
- You can cancel the class at the latest on Tuesday 1.10., exactly 24 hours before the event begins.
- Note that the cancellation period varies from event to event: There are some classes (arranged by external partners) that requires you to enroll before certain date. This is told in the description of the class, so read the information carefully!
- You can cancel the class via SYKETTÄ Sports calendar the same way you have enrolled for the event, or from the “own enrollments” link in top of the web page.
- When you enroll, you agree to our practice with the cancellation.
What if I get sick?
– If you let us know before the event starts, it’s okay!
– If you let us know only afterwards or when the event has already started, please deliver us a sick leave certificate or pay the cancellation fine 10 €.
Here’s SYKETTÄ contact information
The whole program (more information and links for the enrolling later on this page)
Outdoor sports in Kuopio:
- Archery in Puijo – FULL UP
- Riding in Savisaari riding center (20€/person)- FULL UP
- Nordic walking in Puijo – CANCELLED
- Orienteering in Neulamäki – FULL UP
- Electric bicycle ride(15€/30€/person)-CANCELLED:
Outdoor sports outside Kuopio
- Nature trip to Niittylahti, bus ride available
Indoor sports and wellness in campuses:
- At Savonia Microkatu campus: get to know electric bicycles
- At Opistotie: pump, yoga, get to know gym equipment, open doors to the gym
- At Snellmania: Open doors to the gym 12-15, partner acrobatics, gym circuit
- At Studentia: Stick workout, pilates, baila latinos, floorball
- At Studentia, ISYY campus office Lukema: nutrition lecture about vegetarian diet for sports – Only in finnish!
- Viretori, in Savonia-amk Microkatu campus: Kinesiotaping, posture checking, test your deep abdominal muscles (0 €), InBody (5€)
Indoor sports and get-to-know classes at the facilities of our partners:
- Element Studio: Open doors to the gym at 14-16
- Ice hockey turn in Lippumäki ice stadium
- Climbing center Voema: Bouldering and climbing with automatic system (5€ or 15€/person)
- Kunnonpaikka: Laser tag game(10 €/person)
- Kunnonsali: Inbody measuring, Open doors to the gym at 12-16 and Indoor cycling
- Kuopion keilahalli: Bowling (10 € /lane)
- Kuopion Miekkailijat: Get-to-know sport fencing (5€/person)
- Kuopion tennisseura: Instructed tennis classes -FULL UP
- Kuopion liikunta- ja kamppailukeskus LIIKE: crosstraining
- Mysteeri Kuopio: Escape room games with friends or blindfolded (The sports afternoon discount is -20%!)
- Rauhalahti Spa: Body and mind overhaul together with a walk in the woods + Spa (9 €/person)
- Studio Tempo: LesMills classes RPM, Barre, Sh’bam
- Virtuaalimaailma Warppi: Experience the virtual world! – CANCELLED
1) Outdoor Sports in Kuopio
Archery at Puijo is FULL UP
Come and try archery. Puijon Jousi will advice you to how to do archery. You can try 1 hours at each group.
Place: In the archery field locating close to Puijo hill, at the Puijo sport area. The archery field locates some 150 m from the ski stadium towards the city center.
Enroll ends on Monday 30.9. at 12.00 and after that is is binding! If the weather is too cold we have to cancel this. We will inform you 24 hours before this event.
Riding- Savisaari Riding Center is FULL UP
- 13.00 – 14.00 Riding for those who have previous experience (7 persons) You have to know how to saddle a horse. Saddle 20 min + 45 min riding.
- 14.00 – 15.00 Riding for those who have previous experience. (7 persons) 45 min riding + taking off the saddle 20 min.
Price: 20 euros/participant, max 7 participants/group. Enroll via the sports calendar. Payment must be done at latest on Thursday 26.9. to the following bank account number: FI 55 1078 3000 220219 (Savisaaren ratsastuskoulu).
Nordic walking in Puijo – CANCELLED
Enjoy Puijo’s views and learn nordic walking! This class includes technique teaching and nice trip around Puijo region. it is suitable for everyone, but the hilly landscape of Puijo can be challenging for some.
Orienteering in Neulamäki is FULL UP
Come and try orienteering in Neulamäki! If you want you can have short theory of orienteering before the start and after that you can try it yourself. You can come by yourself or take your friend with you.
- Handing out the maps and instructing at 14.00-14.30, returning at latest 16.00
- Two route options: longer around 4 kilometers and shorter 2,5 km.
- Starting/meeting point: Neulamäki sports field parking area, address: Raivionpolku.
- Max. 20 participants, enroll here – but if you and your friend can use the same map, you can bring them along and they don’t need to enroll.
- Outdoor training shoes are best for orienteering
- Student Union of Eastern Finland Orienteering Club Puijon Suunta is organizing this event
Try the electric bicycles is CANCELLED
Instructed trip using the electric bicycles. There are two route options: shorter around 10 km and longer around 20 km.
- Meeting point: At Studentia building, at the door C (ISYY campus office Lukema), address Yliopistonranta 3
- 12.30-13.30, group 1: 60 minutes ride. Price: 15 €/person, max. 10 persons
- 14.00-16.00, group 2: 120 minutes ride. Price: 30 €/person, max. 10 persons
- Each group is instructed
- The are forest and trails along the route
- Enrolling ends on 25.9. and after that, the enrolling is binding!
- Minimum amount of participants is 5 persons/group.
- Paying: at the event with cash or with a card
2) Outdoor sports in Niittylahti
Niittylahti region is one of the most important outdoor recration places in Kuopio region. There is for example Tonkkurinmäki tour which is 2,5 kilometers long. There are also two nature conservation areas: Tonkkurinmäen selänne and Mustajärven kallioalue. There is also an observation tower, from which you can see great view to Kallavesi. The journey to Niittylahti takes about 30 minutes by car. During the sports afternoon there is a bus ride available and you can explore Niittylahti in instructed group or by yourself. Please bring something to eat with you. You can also pick up mushrooms if you want (no instructions available).
The instructed trip is organized in cooperation with Ympäristöklubi of Kuopio campus. The route includes the Tonkkurinmäki tour and the observation tower and then returns back to the starting point.
- The bus nro 1 leaves at 12.30 from Studentia
- The bus nro 2 leaves at 12.30 from the Technopolis main doors and goes to Opistotie campus
- Arrival to Niittylahti around 13.15
- The bus leaves from Niittylahti back to Kuopio at 15.45.
- Arrival back to Kuopio around 16.15 o’clock
Enroll here. Enrolling ends on 25.9. at 12.00 and after that is is binding!
Visiting nature enhances your wellness and health. It also helps you to relax!
Indoor Sports – Studentia, Snellmania, Opistotie
You can enroll to the classes by clicking the name of the activity. Links are updated on 18.9.
Microkatu, Savonia campus
Get to know electirc bicycles in Savonia UAS Microkatu campus! The bikes are on display from 9.00 to 15.30 in the new lobby “campus heart” in the B-section, 1st floor. The bikes are from Sähkis.fi, which rents electric bicycles for groups for cross country cycling as well as for city rides..
- Open doors to the gym 12-16
- 12.15-12.55 Exercise stick workout, 40 persons
- 13.00-13.55 Pilates, 40 persons -FULL UP
- 14.00-14.55 Baila latinos, 40 persons
- 15.00-15.55 Floorball, section 3
Snellmania – Yliopistonranta 1, 2. krs
- Open doors to the Snellmania gym 12.00-15
- 12-12.55 in tatami room: partner acrobatics (10 persons) – you do not need to come with your own partner!
- 15.00-15.55 Gym circuit (10 persons)
Opistotie – Opistotie 2
- 12.00 – 16.00 open doors to the gyms. The doors are open during that time, you do not need the electronic key. Please notice that the health gym is reserved for a group at 12.15-13.10.
- 12.00-12.55 Instructed volleyball – CANCELLED
- 12.15-13.10 Get to know gym equipment in Opistotie health gym, 8 persons
- 13.10-14.05 Pump, max. 35 persons
- 14.15-15.10 Yoga, max. 40 persons
12.00-16.00: Viretori at the Savonia’s Microkatu Campus (Technopolis, Microkatu 1, wing C, 4th floor). Nonstop, no reservations!
- InBody body composition measurement 5 €
- Kinesiotaping 0 €. Taping can help you for example with posture or pain.
- Posture checks, testing your deep abdominal muscles for free
- You can pay ONLY with a card!
- No reservations, just drop by! Welcome!
- You can find Viretori in Technopolis, come from A doors and use the lift to reach 4th floor and wing C
Nutrition lecture: Vegetarian diet for sports – only in Finnish!
- at 14-14.45, 40 persons
- By Henna Kuru, SYKETTÄ nutrition specialist
- Only in finnish!
Indoor Sports and other activities in co-operate companies
Element Studio – Maaherrankatu 21
Element Studio is cozy and modern wellness studio in the city centre. On Sports afternoon you can use their gym for free between 14 and 16.
- Free visit to Element studio gym at 14-16
Ice hockey turn in Lippumäki – Rauhalahdentie 66
You can join the weekly SYKETTÄ ice hockey turn for free.
- Ice hockey turn at 14.45-15.45
- You need your own equipment
- Lippumäki ice stadium Tuplajäät
Climbing centre VOEMA, Kaivotie 23 – Bouldering and climbing
In sports afternoon you have an extra low-priced possibility to try bouldering or climbing with automatic system in Kuopio climbing center VOEMA! In VOEMA you get to climb really easily and safely. You don’t need to book a time in advance to go bouldering or climbing with automatic system. You can just arrive and if you are new with bouldering or climbing, you’ll get a starting info, which is focused on the safety and technique.
- Bouldering 5 € /person (incl. climbing shoes)
- Bouldering and Climbing with automatic system 15 € /person (incl. all the equipment)
Pay for the entrance fee straight at the VOEMA Climbing center. There is no time-limit. This extra low-priced possibility is available at 12-21 o’clock.
Kunnonpaikka – Laser fight game
- 12.30-14.00 Standoff – Laser fight game 1 -FULL UP
- 14.00-15.30 Standoff – Laser fight game 2
- 10 €/person, min. 8 participants and max. 20 participants per group
- Enrolling AND cancellations: at latest 25.9. (week before the event)
Standoff laser tag game, 10 €/person. The whole arena is renewed and the players will be divided to police men and bandits. Laser fight game is played in an arena where players are provided with fun but harmless laser guns. Please wear comfortable clothes and put sport shoes on. (It is necessary to wear shoes for this game!) Dark clothing helps to hide from opponent players. One game is 1,5 hours.
Enroll beforehand, pay in the Kunnonpaikka service desk.
Kunnonpaikka Spa, Jokiharjuntie 3, Vuorela. Tel. +358 (0)44 7476 111
Kunnonsali – Ajurinkatu 16
- 12.00 – 14.00 Free Inbody measurements. Enroll at the reception desk.
- 12.00 – 16.00 Open doors to gym
- 15.00 – 16.00 Indoor cycling, light class, 30 participants
Indoor cycling is a sport for everyone regardless of skill or fitness level. If you can ride a bike – even with training wheels – you can handle an indoor cycling class. In the end you determine the resistance for yourself so it is possible to do a harder or an easier work-out regardless of instructions.
Light class is suitable for all! Beginners can learn the correct technique and posture here and for the more experienced cyclists this is a recovery training.
Bowl at the Kuopio bowling hall!
- Reserve a lane between 12 and 16 o’clock and the sports afternoon price is only 10 €/lane (includes the bowling shoes)
- Reservations via the web or by phone 017-2824003
Kuopion Miekkailijat/ Fencing trial – Kemilänrinne 1
Fencing experiment/ trial includes:
– Short introduction about fencing as a martial art and the sport gear needed for it
– Warm up
– Fencing stance and moving
– Simple attacks and defences
– Playful trial matches
- Time: 13.00 -15.00, max. 20 persons
- Place: Kemilänrinne 1, Kuopio
- Price: 5,00 €
Take 5€ with you and give it to the Fencing instructor at Kuopion Miekkailijat. Only cash, please pay with even money.
More information: via e-mail kurssit(at)kuopionmiekkailijat.net or tel. 045 678 1737 /Panu
Try Tennis in KTS Center is FULL UP!
Get to know tennis! Kuopion Tennisseura offers you on Sports afternoon a group for beginners as well as those who have some previous experience. You get to learn tennis techniques and gameplay and have time to play as well.
- 13.30-15.00 Beginners, maximum amount of players 9 (no earlier or minor tennis experience) – FULL UP
- 13.30-15.00 Advanced, maximum amount of players 9 (earlier tennis experience) -FULL UP
- The groups are at the same time but there is a teacher for both groups.
Notice! The enrolling must be done at latest 30.9. before 12.00 o’clock.
Venue: KTS-Center, Pitkälahdentie 8 (Pitkälahti elementary school)
Equipment: Indoor sport shoes, tennis raquet if you have your own (club has raquets for loan if needed), water bottle.
Liikunta- ja kamppailukeskus LIIKE – Crosstraining classes in Sunset TL
Where: Liikunta- ja kamppailukeskus Liike, address: Väliköntie 4 (kauppakeskus Birger, near Gigantti)
- Sunset TL: crosstraining
- 13-13.50 group 1, 16 persons
- 14-14.50 group 2, 16 persons
- Crosstraining develops all aspects of your physical condition: power, cardio, mobility… The class starts with technique and strength training, and after that follows a high intensity training which is guaranteed to make you sweat.
- Bring indoor sport clothes and shoes, water bottle and a small sweat towel
Megazone offers exciting laser tag games. Laser tag battles are full of energy, adrenaline and nice workout with lots of fun! Laser tag is a completely safe sport and Megazone’s complex combat field adds thrilling challenges to the games!
- Laser tag battle 10e
- Game duration 45 minutes
- Max. 24 players on the field at once
- The games start at: 12.00, 13.00, 14.00, 15.00 and 16.00
Contact us in advance, if you want to book a certain shift, email@example.com or 050 318 9995
More information: https://megazone.fi/kuopio/yhteystiedot/
Mysteeri Kuopio – Escape room games – Tulliportinkatu 34 A
During the sports afternoon you can reserve a game for you and your friends or attend the games with strangers. Please contact Mysteeri Kuopio if you want to play in english!
1) Reserve an escape room for your own group via the web or by phone. The discount is -20% of the total cost during the sports afternoon.
- Please show your student or staff card on site and mention sports afternoon
- You should arrive 15 minutes before the start of the game
- Paying by cards. No cash!
- 2-5 people play in one room, so only one of your group needs to make a reservation.
- When paying, the room price can be shared among the participants or one can pay the whole room.
- Here’s a link to the booking terms: https://www.mysteeri.com/booking/
- Games can be booked up to an hour in advance on our website or by calling!
- Mystery Kuopio’s current games: The case of Larry B. and Devil’s Classroom
- NB! You can also play the games in English by contacting Mysteer Kuopio beforehand!
- Contact information: https://www.mysteeri.com/pakohuone-kuopio/ota-yhteytta/
2) Play “blindfolded”, enroll the escape room with strangers – ONLY IN FINNISH
- Minimum 3 people, maximum 5 people per room
- 13.30-14.30 – group 1, only in Finnish
- 15.15-16.15 – group 2, only in Finnish
- Sign up at least one day in advance (Oct. 1) so we know if a blindfold game will happen! Cancellation of participation also ends on 1.10.
- The other persons participating are other sports afternoon goers!
- Payment depends on the number of participants (3-5 persons)
Rauhalahti Spa, Katiskaniementie 8 – Body and mind overhaul in the woods and spa
Spa & hotel Rauhalahti offers you a possibility to relax in the woods as well as in the spa.
- 12.00 – 16.00 Spa, 9€/person. No enrolling if you only go to Spa.
- 13-13.45 Body and mind overhaul in the woods, 7 €/person. (Minimum 10 persons) Dress by the weather!
- Or enjoy both with the package price of 9 €!
Rauhalahti offers a Body and mind overhaul together with a walk in the woods, after which you have the opportunity to go relax in the spa.
Forest walk and spa together will cost 9 € and it will be paid at Rauhalahti Spa reception.
- 13.15 – 14.00 LesMills Sh’bam 45′ (28 persons) FULL UP
- 13.30 – 14.00 LesMills RPM 30′ (16 persons)
- 14.05 – 14.35 Les Mills Barre 30′ (28 persons) FULL UP
SH’BAM: In this easy and fun class you can try the latest dance moves listening to the latest chart hits and classics. Unleash your inner star while raising your basic fitness – you don’t need to know how to dance! Each song has its own choreography, so you can try many different dance styles in one hour.
RPM™ is a group indoor cycling workout where you control the intensity. It’s fun and low impact. With great music pumping and the group spinning as one, your instructor takes you on a journey of hill climbs, sprints and flat riding. In an RPM workout you repeatedly spin the pedals to reach your cardio peak then ease back down, keeping pace with the pack to lift your personal performance and boost your cardio fitness.
Les Mills BARRE is a modern version of classic balletic training; a 30-minute workout designed to shape and tone postural muscles, build core strength, and allow you to escape the everyday. Incorporating classic ballet positions, with modern music, LES MILLS BARRE is a combination of cardio and strength with high reps of small range-of-motion movements and very light weights. If you’re seeking a different style of training or a new kind of self-expression, you will love LES MILLS BARRE. Without the traditional barre to support you, the muscles supporting your body’s stability and strength becomes the focus.
Studio Tempo is wellnes center for women, but everyone is welcome to the classes in Sports afternoon and in SYKETTÄ sport calendar!
Virtuaalimaailma Warppi – experience the virtual world! – Ajurinkatu 16 – CANCELLED
Unfortunately we had to cancel this event because Warppi’s opening was delayed. Warppi apologizes for this.